Tuesday, September 9, 2008

one month down, forever to go

Kent and I have been married for one month. It's strange how it feels longer than that (in a good way), but in the scheme of things one month is nothing. We had a rather short courtship and we've only known each other for about a year, but here we are, married forever. People always used to tell me "you'll just know" when discussing the right person to marry. I never believed them, relationships weren't that easy, until I woke up one morning and knew Kent was different. I literally woke up and realized I would be dumb not to date him. I didn't think someone like Kent existed. How could someone be so good, so funny, so smart and so kind? Apparently, all those people were correct because dating Kent was pretty seamless and everything fell into place. He understood me and I always felt myself with him. (Mind you, I didn't realize this right away. It took a few months and a lot of patience on Kent's part, but I'm so glad he held out.)

He is my best friend and I am lucky girl. So far, so good.


12 comments:

a.k.a. Suga Jones said...

You guys are great. I love that you feel as though you're still dating. How fun!

Erin said...

Congratulations. You look gorgeous, I love your pictures and am so happy for you.

Rebecca said...

As they say: "The first hundred years are the hardest!" :)

Paige said...

That was very sweet.

Our favorite married joke: it feels like we've been married for 5 minutes -- under water!

Paige said...

ps - the Somners? I'm not sure if I get it unless it is because people look at Sommer and still say Somner? Just wondering if I'm thinking it right.

Emily said...

I love the both of you. Its hard to believe you've only known each other for one year. I am glad I was able to see this relationship from the beginning to now. Love it. :)

Lindsey said...

I LOVE those pictures! They are gorgeous!

k8 said...

i'm really glad i had a front row seat to your realization that kent was the bomb.com you two are too darn cute : )

quadmom said...

What a cute post Nellie!! I love those pictures of you guys and your tribute to Kent. Happy 1 month anniversary! Love you guysf!

Katie said...

Yeah Nellie! I'm so glad to see you so happy! Wish Zach and I could have made it to your wedding. I'll have to send you an invite to our blog now that I found out you're blogging! Miss you!

Local Girl said...

Congratulations!!
I knew you would find someone as fabulous as you are!!
Love,
Heather and Tim
P.S. Don't be strangers, call us and lets all hang out.

Mary Beth said...

I love those pictures! It's been so fun spending the last little while devouring your blog and catching up on you two! I love this post. And I love your title, too. Matt and I use that same phrase in our anniversary cards- It's so perfect when it's something you're looking forward to, huh? I'm so happy for you.