Wednesday, September 8, 2010

stretchy pants

Today, I graduated to stretchy pants.


No, I don't mean
those lovelies above, but I am wearing jeans with an elastic waistband.


What?! Who knew I'd be so grateful for such things.

My sister donated 4 bags of maternity clothes to my child-growing cause, so I am set for maybe the rest of my pregnancy. Kent's not too pleased about the new garbage bags littering our already crowded closet, but I am so grateful to have siblings who are done with their child-bearing years. I can't begin to tell you how much money we are saving thanks to their generosity. Maternity clothes? Check. Crib? Check. Rocking chair? Check.We even have a Johnny Jump Up. We feel lucky indeed, and quite prepared.

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy the elasticized freedom while it lasts because unfortunately (and fortunately), it won't last forever.

5 comments:

Jackie B. said...

congrats!! that is so exciting. when are you due?

Cathy said...

Yes, when are you due??!!

I am due Jan 21st. Close to me?

kentandnellie said...

Hey Jackie & Cathy! I am due January 31st. Almost half way there. Cathy, our babies need to be friends-they'll be so close in age. Fun, fun!

Amy said...

Enjoy the stretchy pants now because when you hit about 8 months you will HATE them! And I know it's hard to believe but you will also "outgrow" them in the last few weeks! :) Pregnancy....fun times!

Merrill Brower said...

Hey pretty pregnant lady. Best thing I found when pregnant (clothes-wise)-- Heidi Klum's line at Motherhood Maternity. I don't know if you're in to skinny jeans and what not, but she's got 'em, and they are cute and really comfortable. Loved them and they were even great after the babe arrived. Thought I'd share.