Target wasn't always what it is today though. It was a pretty regular megastore when I was kid, but it came back with a vengeance in the 90s. Same thing with Apple. My family had an Apple IIe when I was little. I remember my sister and I would play Frogger and a game called Word Wizard all the time. I'm not sure what happened to Apple from 1987-1999, but they came back with the same gusto and popularity as Target, making your standard PC look utterly normal.
I find it fascinating that you can have the same product or service, yet one can be much more popular than the other. I don't have an Apple/Mac at the moment, but I want one. And Walmart is a fine store, but Target is the best megastore out there. If there is one nearby, it is my store of choice.
I'm not really sure how Target and Apple made a comeback, but they did and they are two of my favorites.

3 comments:
I love Target. I think for their comeback, they aimed to be the "cheap chic" store - which they have done. Its so much classier than Wal-mart. I could go on-and-on as well...
You are sooo dead on with this one! I'm definitely a Target/Mac kind of girl. :)
THANK YOU. i've been pointing this out to people lately saying things like "remember when it was way faux-pas to buy clothes at target...kinda like it still is at Walmart?" do you remember that? and yes, the first computer i ever had was an apple too, the one with the logo that was like rainbow-ish. i'm glad they redesigned their logo in the process :)
Post a Comment