skip to main |
skip to sidebar
fun on the job
A few weeks ago, Kent and I had the opportunity to go to Catalina for a small church meeting/service. Catalina Island is part of our ward; they aren't an official branch, but a few members and the elders get together to hold a Spanish service and a small (very small) English service. I referred to them as a "branch" once and I was quickly corrected. They really are just a small gathering of church members: two elders, an older couple who lives on Catalina (they head things up for the group) and Kent and I were the only ones present at the English session, which, was held on the top floor of a bank building. The Spanish session was better attended, maybe 10-15 people showed up, but with so few people, I felt like a missionary. It was great.
I'm glad Kent and I get to do so many fun activities together. He is my favorite person to hang out with and I love his goodness and example. Just look at him, how you can you not love him?
All in all, a wonderful Sunday activity. A boat ride, Catalina, church and time well spent with my husband. Next time we go to Catalina, I want to see the Bison, drive a golf cart around, stay in a quaint bed and breakfast and hike the island trails. Seems like it could be one enjoyable weekend getaway.
1 comment:
Catalina is one of our favorite places to go. We actually went on our honeymoon there. Not much to do but be with your honey. Perfect!
(And I love your Target post too.)
Post a Comment