

Running + Huntington Beach = Happiness
Since moving to Long Beach, I don't run as much, and I love running. Living 3 blocks from the beach made it so easy. I'd throw my running shoes on after work and take a 3-5 mile run along the ocean almost everyday. Now, I'm lucky if I run 3 times per week, and we have a race coming up. Yikes. Where has my motivation gone?
For some reason, I never get sick of running along the beach. The sunsets and scenery always seem different. Familiar, but always changing. Running around our neighborhood in the LBC is interesting, but it feels more fixed and the same. Plus, I can only run in a few directions without fearing for my life. Okay, not really. Well, sort of really, but it just doesn't compare with running along the coast.
The good thing about all of this is that I get excited to exercise when I get to run in Huntington Beach. It's rarely a burden. All in all, running and Huntington Beach are a great combination. The best endorphin booster ever!
For some reason, I never get sick of running along the beach. The sunsets and scenery always seem different. Familiar, but always changing. Running around our neighborhood in the LBC is interesting, but it feels more fixed and the same. Plus, I can only run in a few directions without fearing for my life. Okay, not really. Well, sort of really, but it just doesn't compare with running along the coast.
The good thing about all of this is that I get excited to exercise when I get to run in Huntington Beach. It's rarely a burden. All in all, running and Huntington Beach are a great combination. The best endorphin booster ever!

7 comments:
Ah, I would LOVE to do that! The most exciting run I get is up and around Wal Mart.
all i can say is, i feel you sister. Where we live in Newport I can run on the back bay...but it's just not the same, I don't feel as motivated either! I miss my Huntington Beach running path SO SO SO much!
That would be great to have that kind of run so close by, I'd miss it too. Maybe you guys can move back...
just be glad you can run outside at all in the winter. it is almost april and we endured another blizzard today. and not the kind from dairy queen. i long to just be outside for any length of time.
if only california was not so crowded and bankrupt...
Huntington Beach misses you as well.
you know, Jaime and I were out for a run in HB once and we both agreed we would never live in a better running place ever again. Good for all of us for taking such great advantage, it really never felt like a burden did it? I miss it too!!!
I agree! I definitely miss my walks with Mia to the pier! Walking here at the park just isn't the same. I'd run if my knees weren't so bad, but I do speed walk! ;-) How are you?
Post a Comment