I've got a thing for music. Love it. Couldn't live without it. I guess you could say that finding new bands and songs is a hobby of mine. I'm not on the cutting edge of discovering music or anything, but I get so happy when I find great songs that you don't hear on the radio 24/7. There are a lot of good musicians out there that don't get enough air time, but that are fantastic. I would venture to say that some of the best musicians don't get played on the radio.
Lately, I've been liking bands with female lead singers. Strong, female vocals with emotion. They make me want to either A. Go out and conquer the world or B. Become sentimental. Either way, they are good and I'd like to share three of my favorites. (I'd rather post the songs themselves without the videos, but I don't have them downloaded on this computer, so this will have to suffice.)
Young Galaxy: Outside the City
This is actually a decent music video. Love the little kids.
Florence and the Machine: Dog Days are Over
I don't know what's going on in this video, it's weird. Anything with clowns is scary. You might want to minimize the video and just listen to the song.
Priscilla Ahn: Rain
Found this song on a friend's blog and I love it. I don't think there's an original music video made for it yet, but I thought this one was nice. (Please forgive the watermark. I wouldn't want to buy those images either. Getty Images are pricey!)
Love these songs. Excited to find the next round of favorites.
Beauty School Drop Out
9 years ago

2 comments:
I love Priscilla Ahn. I saw her on the Hotel Cafe Tour last summer and loved her sound. Good choice!
I'm so glad you liked these songs! THe rain one is one of my favorites. I don't know if I deleted it off my playlist by accident. I'll try to get it back. I met her at hotel cafe and her music has been on Grey's Anatomy. She's a good friend of Gregs. She's super nice and extremely talented.
Hope all is well! I love reading about your newlywed adventures! x
Post a Comment