On Sunday night, the night after we hosted a get together for the USA vs. Portugal game of the World Cup, our family (excluding Calvin) came down with food poisoning. It was miserable. I just laid in bed for a while, wanting to throw up, but not nothing was moving. Kent was feeling sick, too, and was in the other bathroom. Then Win threw up all over his stuffed bear, Blackie, and on the floor. Calvin woke up because I think he was already sleeping on our bed and was walking around during the ordeal.
At one point, probably 3 AM, all four of us were awake on our bed watching Little Einsteins. I wanted it to be comical and it was, but it wasn't. We all just felt miserable, except little Calvin. Who knows how he didn't get it. Apparently, our family was the only one to get anything. We were worried it was the kebabs we served or the something in the waffles we made with Kent's family, but no. We still don't know what happened.
The rest of Monday was spent lounging around on the sofas, watching more soccer games and cartoons. Win was a trooper and so was Calvin. They both took great naps. It was fun having Dad home during the day on a weekday, but I wish it could have been under healthier circumstances.
Beauty School Drop Out
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment