Sunday, February 13, 2011

baby win

Baby Win is here. I can't believe it was only 12 short days ago that this sweet little guy entered our lives. He is a great baby, but wow, having a newborn is much more tiring than I anticipated. Tiring and emotional. Hormones running through my body topped with little sleep. Not the best combination. Thanks goodness I have a patient husband who can handle the ups and downs and who takes the baby at 1 am (or so) feedings. Actually, he takes him anytime he can and encourages me to sleep all the time.

I honestly don't have words to describe the entire experience, but I will always remember the feeling of my baby's wet, warm skin and little cry when he was placed on my stomach. Unforgettable.

The whole thing was tiring and beautiful and we're so
grateful for our new little boy.

8 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

CONGRATS! Yes, the first few weeks are rough... but it does get easy. You are just getting to know each other and he is trying to figure out how to live outside your cozy womb :) Enjoy... it goes by too fast!

Bentley +1 said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!We want to see more pictures.

Buy the book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It saved our lives.

Oh yeah, and it does get easier. :)

Lindsey said...

Congrats you guys! He is beautiful!

Aubrey Messick said...

Congratulations! Baby Win is just beautiful! Hope you start getting some more rest so you can really enjoy every minute!

KristiB said...

He's so cute! You and Kent should sit down and write all the things you can remember about his birth. You think you'll remember forever- and you will, most of it, but it's so great to have it written while it's still fresh in your mind.
Congratulations!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats you guys, he is beautiful! And I love the name. :)

Lexi Patterson said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet baby Win. xoxo

alexandra said...

oh nellie, he is just beautiful! i want to hold him! i remember those days of first motherhood. there is nothing nothing nothing like it. it will get easier, too. treasure it! they get big so fast!