How would you feel if your doctor told you that your baby's head measured 37 weeks, but you were only 33 weeks along? Definitely something to ruminate on....
I went into labor at 33 weeks with my first. We were at the hospital in the delivery room freaking out because we didn't have diapers, clothes, anything because I hadn't had my shower yet. They were able to stop it and sent me home but still, it was kind of scary.
About the heads, my family has huge heads and brandon has a teeny head. Luckily my little 6 pounders all have small heads and they basically just fell right out of me. Basically.
Don't worry! The Reids have giant heads too. Mason's was in the ninety-something percentile when he was born (and it's still up there for that matter) -- so you can do it! Just more room for their big, smart brains, right? :)
I used to stare at Brock's head when I was pregnant with Harrison, just praying that my kids wouldn't take after his side of the family! Thankfully, those heads smush up really well in order to be born. I guess you can try to take comfort in the fact that ultrasounds at this stage are notoriously unreliable when it comes to the size of your baby??
I have a friend who was exactly the same!!! Dont worry... his body might catch up with him and if his head is huge there are always options for delivery.
Marissa has a HUGE head! My dr told me that she was measuring 4 weeks a"head" too. (no pun intended..) :) Their little heads squish up and look a little strange for a while... But it is a valid concern... I told D it was all his fault. (They all have huge noggins on the Davis side...) And still, Marissa is in the 90th percentile for head circumference. Good Luck... I really recommend the drugs.
Same thing happened to me with Addie! At 32 weeks, her head was measuring 36 weeks! Turns out she's really smart, so hopefully baby Sommer has a big brain like Addie and will be brilliant too! ;)
8 comments:
I went into labor at 33 weeks with my first. We were at the hospital in the delivery room freaking out because we didn't have diapers, clothes, anything because I hadn't had my shower yet. They were able to stop it and sent me home but still, it was kind of scary.
About the heads, my family has huge heads and brandon has a teeny head. Luckily my little 6 pounders all have small heads and they basically just fell right out of me. Basically.
Don't worry! The Reids have giant heads too. Mason's was in the ninety-something percentile when he was born (and it's still up there for that matter) -- so you can do it! Just more room for their big, smart brains, right? :)
I used to stare at Brock's head when I was pregnant with Harrison, just praying that my kids wouldn't take after his side of the family! Thankfully, those heads smush up really well in order to be born. I guess you can try to take comfort in the fact that ultrasounds at this stage are notoriously unreliable when it comes to the size of your baby??
I have a friend who was exactly the same!!! Dont worry... his body might catch up with him and if his head is huge there are always options for delivery.
Marissa has a HUGE head! My dr told me that she was measuring 4 weeks a"head" too. (no pun intended..) :) Their little heads squish up and look a little strange for a while... But it is a valid concern... I told D it was all his fault. (They all have huge noggins on the Davis side...) And still, Marissa is in the 90th percentile for head circumference. Good Luck... I really recommend the drugs.
so exciting.
hope your babymoon was the best!
can't wait to see your cute little babe.
xo
merry christmas nelly!
Same thing happened to me with Addie! At 32 weeks, her head was measuring 36 weeks! Turns out she's really smart, so hopefully baby Sommer has a big brain like Addie and will be brilliant too! ;)
ohhh i can't wait to see your chubby baby measuring big!
your car post made me a little worried you were naming him mazda because the picture didn't show up so i got a little nervous :) cute car, cute belly.
Post a Comment