Monday, August 9, 2010

eight-nine-ten

It has been two years today-two years of wedded bliss that is-and I couldn't be happier to be married to Mr. Kent Merrill Sommer. He is such a good man: always constant, kind, deep, loving, forgiving, hilarious, intelligent, adventurous, insightful and of course, good-looking (blue eyes don't get much bluer, trust me). He rarely complains, does the dishes on a regular basis and joins me in watching Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance. He's almost too good to be true.

The first year, I think we celebrated by doing something fancy, but I can't remember what. Maybe a nice dinner? This year, we're not doing anything too extravagant and my anniversary offering for Kent is under $5, BUT we did spend the morning together at a doctor's office listening to a little something that will make big changes in our lives (and no, it wasn't Kent's other lung collapsing-thank goodness!).

We aren't the best at making announcements, but we're happy to report that there's a Baby Sommer on the way, scheduled to arrive January 31, 2011. It's still unreal to us, but we're 15 weeks in and we heard a healthy heartbeat today so I think we better start believing. I've had some morning sickness, heartburn and other less than desirable pregnancy symptoms, but until my clothes don't fit and my waistline starts bulging more, it's hard to comprehend that we're actually having baby. Maybe a Kent, Jr.? Aww. We shall see.

We may not do the fancy dinner thing this year, but I WILL remember what we did on 8.9.10. Here's to things to come in 2011!

16 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

Nellie... that is so exciting! I am sooo happy for you guys. Congrats! What a great way to start off 2011 :)

Lindsey said...

Aw, that is so exciting! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Nellie! How exciting is that! I'm sure he/she will be beautiful! Good luck with pregnancy--not as fun as the baby itself sometimes . . . : )

Cathy said...

HOORAY! We just might be in the hospital on the same day. YAYAYAYA! Baby buddies. I'm so excited!!

CONGRATULATIONS Nellie! I'm SO happy for you!!!

rachel thurston said...

I just sent you a text..but had to freak out here a little too...A BABY!!! I can't even begin to imagine the beauty you are making from scratch. Can we please talk soon and complain about all of the aliments of growing a baby? Love to all three of you!!

Caitlin said...

Yay! Congratulations! I am SOOO excited! And January 31st is a really rad birthday if I do say so myself :) Can't wait to meet the little Kent or Nellie!

becky said...

SOOOOOO happy for you! And great to see you both last week. Do you want our pack 'n play?

Amy said...

YAY!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations Nellie! That is so exciting!

Aubrey Messick said...

oh my goodness yay!!!!!!! i'm so excited for you guys. you know, i went to the redlands temple for the first time last night and thought of you guys and your special there. loves!!!! :)

Brian and Kara said...

woohooo! 15 weeks! That's great. Can't wait to find out if it's going to be a Kent or a Nellie! So happy for you guys. Hope you continue to feel well!

Bentley +1 said...

We are SO HAPPY for you two! Congratulations! Hopefully, you start feeling better soon. Start posting pregnancy pictures. :)

Jimmy and Annie said...

Congrats!!! That will be one beautiful baby! :)

Merrill Brower said...

No better way to spend an anniversary! I'm so excited for you guys, and I can't wait to hear what you're having in a few weeks (if you're finding out)! Congratulations!

kristib said...

We are thrilled for both of you! That is so exciting. I hope you continue to feel well- pregnancy isn't much fun but it certainly is worth it! I can't wait to meet the baby.

kristib said...

Also- I know I'm coming back two days later, but I just reread your announcement, and..isn't listening to the heartbeat the coolest thing ever? I get a little teary every time I hear it. And just wait til you see the baby moving around on the ultrasound. A..Mazing! :)