Monday, June 14, 2010

on our way

The little olive house on Gardenia has sold so our stay in the LBC is quickly drawing to a close. When we first moved here I didn't know how much I would like Long Beach, but now, I don't want to leave. We've made some great friends and I can't even begin to express how much I'll miss the young women I work with. I'll miss Grandma Helmi's house too; it's the only house Kent and I have known in our married life and it feels like home.









We were lucky to live here for the almost two years we have, but we're spoiled now. Going from a house to an apartment will be an adjustment. I'm not quite sure where we're going to fit everything that we've acquired. At least we'll only be a couple of blocks from the beach at our new place. That has to count for something, but I'll miss having a garage and a garden. Not necessities, but definitely niceties that I have appreciated.

Thanks to Mom and Dad Sommer for letting us live here; we've loved and appreciated it.

Next destination: Seal Beach.

4 comments:

Paige said...

I'm glad you posted the pictures of everything looking so nice. The wallpaper! I'll miss that. And that the house was still a family thing.

I'm sure you'll make great memories in Seal Beach too.

Lark said...

It is sad to say goodbye to the house for me too...thanks for posting these great pictures. Good luck with the move!

Brian and Kara said...

boo hoo!!!! We're sooooo very sad you're leaving, but at least it's not too far! Don't be strangers!

alexandra said...

What a lovely home you guys created there. I am sorry you have to leave, but Seal beach does sound like fun!