Tuesday, May 11, 2010

hello hula

Growing up, I was always the sister with the "perky" bottom. We all got a little something from my mom, but I got a little more. To add to the pad, I did gymnastics. With all that arching and "stick it!" posing I was bound to look kind of like this. (This photo doesn't do the swoop back and accentuated bottom protrusion justice, but you get the idea.)

Admittedly, my back side isn't huge, but it definitely has some shape, especially for a white girl. I haven't gone down the Apple Bottoms road although maybe I should...who knows.

That being said, I have found a use for my "perky" bottom: Hula. "Hot Hula" to be exact. Last night I went to 24 Hour Fitness and did the hula class for the first time and thought, "This is why I have the bottom I do, to do Hula." I discovered I can't shake my hips very well, I am not coordinated like that, but I've got the bootie for hula so I'm determined to learn how. Maybe next summer I'll be good enough try out for the Polynesian Cultural Center or to at least dazzle everyone at a family Fourth of July picnic. We'll see.

Kent just needs to learn the Haka now.

Foxy.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think we had matching bottoms back then. Only now, I think I'd win in a "perkiness" contest! :D

Paige said...

I've always wanted to learn hula. How cool there's a class. For a second, when I wasn't quite looking, I thought that really was Kent!

kristin said...

oh my...