Wednesday, January 13, 2010

i want to become an expatriate

Not for forever, just for a year or so. I keep asking Kent what options he has within law that could land us in a foreign country. There are probably many, but we could only think of two: become a JAG or clerk in a small nation like Palau. Other than that, we don't know. I'm probably romanticizing the whole 'living abroad' experience in my head, but I think it would be a wonderful adventure.

For the time being, I will spend my time buying random house items and foreign foods at World Market. That place whisks me away to any country I want. What did I end up with tonight? Spicy Thai Kettle Chips, a Key Lime shortbread biscuit (most likely from England) and a fondue mix from Switzerland. How could I resist? I need to get my travel cravings satisfied somehow, even if it's through food.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Tell me! What kind of camera did you get? My camera broke down last week and I totally need a new one!

Bentley +1 said...

Me too, me too! I want to be a Brit. World Market is my link to England for now. And BBC films.

quadmom said...

That's awesome Nellie how you travel through the food you eat! You're so fun and creative! Your pictures are amazing! You have a great camera!