and were able to witness the Angels beat the Rangers 11-0 to become the 2009 American League West Champions. I had no idea this was such a big game, I'm clueless when it comes to following professional sports, but I'm glad we happened to be at Angels Stadium that night.
The team was pretty excited and I was, too. I felt like a legit fan even though I rarely watch baseball. Kent loves all sports and follows them religiously, but I do not have the patience to watch them, especially baseball, on TV. The only games I view on a regular basis include the BYU Cougars. And even those are tough to watch sometimes.
Anyway, it was great to be a part of the celebration.
Sidenote: I was kind of disappointed in myself for taking pictures of the Angels celebrating instead of just enjoying the moment. Happy to capture it, but sometimes I feel like I miss out on the feeling of it all when I try to take too many photos. Oh, well. I didn't lose sleep over it or anything.
Here's the game crew: Kent, me, Zach and Lance -->
I have to say, watching baseball in person is much more enjoyable than sitting in our living room watching it on a screen. The hot dogs, the occasional beach ball, the 'wave' and cheering fans-it's amazing what the surrounding atmosphere can do for an experience. Our seats helped, too. -->
The zoom on my camera isn't the greatest, but that's Vladimir below. I love that he wears the old school baseball uniform with the knickers and high socks. Not a huge fan of the full-length pants.
All-in-all, a very fun night.

4 comments:
how fun! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm glad you're becoming a fan. It's good to be on this side!
Nellie-
I realize that being married to Kent requires you to pretend to like things he does, like soccer and Coldplay, but before you don your Angels hat, might I recommend a far superior baseball team for you to enjoy?
You can learn more about this legacy of excellence and winning by visiting www.dodgers.com
Tyler
Wife,
I hardly feel it important to respond to Tyler's comments. Usually the best response to petty comments is to ignore them and not even give them the time of day.
However, I know you are new to the baseball thing and I don't want you to be led astray by some guy trying to make witty and cheap comments.
First of all, you know I dont really care for Coldplay. I do like them and I dont mind people mocking my music taste, but they themselves have to have decent music taste. People that listen to Skankin' Pickle or the Bruce Lee band generally dont fit that category.
There really isn't much need to get into a lengthy dodgers vs. angels discussion. The dodger have been around for longer and definitely do have a history where they were used to win. But don't be fooled by Tyler and other delusional dodger fans. They haven't won a championship for over 20 years. All of their winning is a thing of the past. I don't want you to be a bandwagon fan and only like the angels because they are currently good, but there is no reason to like a team just because they were good before you were born.
You know if you stick by me, I won't lead you astray. Which is why I lead you to Angels Stadium. The owners do all they can for their team to win, the product on the field is great, and you dont have to fear for your life if you sit in the outfield during a game. Tyler's just bitter. He wishes the dodgers were as good an organization as the angels. he knows that if that weren't true, then their former player, Mike Scoscia, wouldn't be coaching for the cross-town rival, the Angels. But he does, because he knows its better and sunnier in Anaheim.
I love going to baseball games! I never watch them on TV, so boring. But in person will all those fans and game food, it is so fun. Looks like a great night.
Post a Comment