I was never a cheerleader (I didn't make the squad in 9th grade), but this is the type of thing that happens when my sisters and I get together. On this particular occasion, we ransacked the "out of season" closet at my mom and dad's house and found Jeannine and Julie's old song leading outfits. It doesn't matter that they've both had a few children, they fit right on into those mini-skirts without a problem. (I hope I'm like that after a kid or two.)
Anyway, Jayne and Jeannine are coming into town which means the rest of us girls will try to make it to Redlands to join the fun. They come every summer when the heat of Arizona becomes unbearable and it is so exciting! We swim, we talk, we play, we eat....we simply spend time together and watch the kids soak up summer and life. That sounds so nostalgic and old, "watch the kids soak up summer and life"? How old am I? Am I allowed to be looking back? I don't even have kids of my own yet.
Either way, it's going to be a great time. I love my sisters (this includes the in-law sisters too) and I can hardly wait for the summer get-togethers. Let the fun begin!

2 comments:
That is HILARIOUS! I love your sisters too! haha!
Nellie,
That's the best post! I love that video! I'm so excited about visiting and being with you and the family. We always have such a good time when we're in Redlands at mom's. Your trip to Spain looked amazing!! I can't wait to chat soon. Thanks for checking my blog out. Love you sis!
Post a Comment